Study Shows Print Newspaper Advertising Increased Overall Effectiveness of Ad Campaign
Those of you who are on the fence about whether to incorporate print into your next ad campaign need to carefully consider the results of a new study. Benchmarking for Newsworks conducted the study covering the return on investment (ROI) for 500 econometric models. The results were clear: print ads significantly increased the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
This is important as there has been a decline in marketers using print newspaper ads. The latest figures have the average spend down to 7.6% from approximately 11.4% in 2013. But results are what matters to businesses, and print still yields some impressive results when utilized properly.
Results from the Study
Here are some of the most significant results of the effectiveness of print newspaper ads from this study.
- Newspapers double the effectiveness of TV ads and quadruple the effectiveness of online display.
- Newspaper ads are 5.7 times more effective in the finance sector.
- Newspaper ads are 3 times more effective in the travel sector.
- Newspaper ads are 2.8 times more effective in the retail sector.
- Newspaper ads are 1.7 times more effective in the automotive sector.
Rufus Olins, the chief executive at Newsworks, suggests that advertisers looking to obtain the best ROI on their investment should pay attention to these results. “It is clear that newspaper brands boost other media as well as performing a powerful role in their own right. Running a campaign without newspapers is like trying to bake a cake without baking powder,” he explained.
The fact is that numbers don’t lie, and there are real opportunities for companies to run successful campaigns by incorporating print. The question then becomes exactly how to effectively include print into a campaign to maximize its effectiveness.
Print is now an area in which you need expert management. That is precisely where we at Macromark can help. We have had measurable success helping our clients use print newspaper ads to reach new audiences. Particularly through our encouraged use of advertorials, our clients have seen significant results. We have three decades of experience in this field and can show you the steps needed to make a mark in this sector. Contact us at 1-845-230-6300 before you start any print ad campaign.
Goodfellow, J., “Study reveals advertising with newspapers triples ad campaigns effectiveness,” The Drum, July 13, 2016; http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/07/13/study-reveals-advertising-newspapers-triples-ad-campaign-effectiveness.
Latest posts by David Klein (see all)
- Biggest Myths about Print Advertising in 2020 - February 5, 2020
- Essential Design Components of Next-Level Print Ads - January 15, 2020
- 9 Facts That Prove Newspaper Advertising Is Still Effective in 2020 - January 6, 2020